It’s always great to carve the time to meet up with industry colleagues and enjoy a night of education and fun! ISES New England did a great job at their May meeting choosing the Music City Queen docked behind the Boston Harbor Hotel as the floating venue for an evening with America’s Sassiest Lifestyle Guru, Steve Kemble. Steve’s infectious laugh, hilarious comments and candid stories entertained and educated us all on how to create a brand that allows us to showcase our best qualities and connect with the RIGHT clients.
Here are a few takeaways from Steve’s chat:
- Figure out who your ideal client is and focus on them – find out how you can over deliver and make them want to come back for more!
- Create a brand and a tag line that works for you.
- Use a focus group to test your brand building.
- Choose your company name and brand wisely and walk the walk – live it in how you dress, what you drive and how you face off to the world.
- Consider tying your brand to YOU – and connect on a personal and real level with your clients so they get to know you.
- Overhaul your website and launch it only when it’s finalized.
- Get savvy with Social Media – create a blog and post regularly (I listened Steve!), tweet and post on FaceBook and Instagram.
- Market yourself in various forms – newsletters, articles, television or radio.
- Consider hiring a publicist – they can help you to juggle all the channels and coach you on taking the right steps to skyrocket your brand.
- Don’t overlook your professional image – from a handshake to thank you notes – make an impression that is lasting and positive and showcases your talents and style the way you want it to!
A big shout out to my friend and colleague Karen Salhaney and the recent Event Management graduates who joined her. It was great to meet them all and host a mini-book signing of my Event Planning and Wedding books! It’s inspiring to see their passion for the industry and the steps they are taking to prepare themselves for successful careers as event professionals! Congratulations to all!