For those in charge of planning academic events at universities, colleges and educational institutions, the Academic Events Specialty course will demonstrate how events for students, alumni, benefactors, professors and administrators can be produced on time and on budget while considering the unique styles of each event participant. A focus on protocol, safety, event preparation and flow, and vendor/supplier relations will help the academic planner meet fiscal and branding goals.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a compelling “ask” to entice alumni to participate in events
- Devise a safety plan for student events that doesn’t take the fun out!
- Create a production schedule for a complex alumni event
- Describe different event concepts that incorporate the school brand over many events
This course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction To Academic Special Events
- Commencement And Other Robed Ceremonies
- Groundbreakings, Building Dedications, Topping-Off Ceremonies, And Other Non-Robed Ceremonies
- Alumni Events
- Foundation And Campaign Events
- Student Events
- High-Profile Events With Celebrities, Government Officials, Visiting Dignitaries, Or VIP Guests