The nonprofit sector offers many opportunities for the professional planner. From fundraising galas to community awareness events – gatherings allow the nonprofit client to share information and enlist valuable support. Event planning skills are essential to create safe and successful experiences for the client and their supporters or members. This course will examine how a professional planner can assist cause-related groups to bring their events to a new and professional level. Other topics include working with nonprofit committees, meetings, conferences and income-generating elements of a nonprofit event.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how events can meet nonprofit objectives (galas, runs, walks, fundraisers)
- Develop a sponsorship kit to support financial objectives for a nonprofit client
- Record the planning and fundraising process for a one-year planning timetable
- Devise a low-cost décor concept to meet a nonprofit clients goals
- Create a production schedule
This course will cover the following topics:
- Prospecting for Nonprofit Clients
- Pricing Services for Nonprofit Client
- Working with Boards and Committees
- Volunteers – Using this important team member
- Fundraising events – Auctions, golf tournaments and more
- Creating a Legacy or Annual Event
- Marketing and PR of Nonprofit Events
- Evaluating Success and Succession!