The Social Event course will cover the unique features of social events. Students will identify methods of marketing and securing business in the social event sector. Students will gain an understanding of the approach and methods to respond to the unique needs of the social event market. Types of social events discussed include: Galas, Parties, Children’s Events, Teen Events (Sweet 16, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and Graduation), Commemorative Celebrations, Engagements, Showers, Anniversaries, and Birthdays.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop creative concepts for various social events
- Devise a safety plan for a teen event
- Summarize the planning phases for a social event
- Create a proposal that addresses the needs of a social client including a budget that offers several stages of pricing
- Describe evaluative measures for the social client
This course will cover the following topics:
- Targeting a High-end Clientele
- Marketing your Social Event Business
- Children’s Events
- In-home Celebrations
- Pricing your Services
- Mitzvah’s and more!
- Gala’s and Extravaganza’s
- Specialty Areas – eldercare facilities, places of worship